We are always looking for the perfect side hustle ideas for us. Whether we’re creative, business-oriented or simply need to bring in a tad bit of extra cash this month, a side hustle can open up some great possibilities.
But when it comes down to it, what are the best side hustles? Honestly, what are even the options out there? If you’re looking for the perfect side hustle idea, I’ve got some ideas for you.
The Typical Side Hustles
These bad boys are easy to start and that’s why everyone’s doing them. You’ll find them on almost every single list, and the only reason why they’re on this one is that you can start right now.
- Drive for Uber or Lyft
- Deliver food for Uber Eats, Foodora or Skip the Dishes (if you’re in Canada)
- Teach English Online
- Rent out a room on Airbnb
- Rent out your car (preferably when you’re not using it)
- Start with TaskRabbit
- Complete online surveys
- Sell things you don’t need online
- Become a mystery shopper
Long-term Side Hustles
These side hustle ideas are also pretty typical, but they have more of a business focus than driving for someone or renting something out. They’re the building blogs for a true business and you can legitimately make money down the road.
- Start a blog
- Put out a podcast
- Build an online school / sell courses online
- Become a social media influencer
- Build up an affiliate link business
- Create your own products to sell like an eBook
- Start an online retail store
- Create your own YouTube channel
- Start email marketing
- Start a local tours business
Side Hustles for Artists
There are a ton of ways that artists can bring in some extra cash with these side hustle ideas that are perfect for the creative in your life. Get started making money today, and don’t give up on your art!
- Design custom wedding stationery like invitations and seating cards
- Restore furniture
- Create an Etsy store
- Repurpose your artwork by selling it on something like a shirt or a throw pillow through a website like Society 6
- Make homemade goods like candles and bath bombs
- Become a movie extra
- Start a photography business
- Licence your art, specifically in the case of music and sound effects
- Build a niche website like a poetry or art magazine
- Start a graphic design practice
Businessy Side Hustles
If you’re looking for a side hustle idea with an official title that screams “I started a professional business” then these are the best ones for you. From accounting to writing, there’s something out there for everyone!
- Become a bookkeeper
- Start a virtual assisting practice
- Start an editing and proofreading shop
- Become a published author
- Start ghostwriting
- Start freelance writing
- Build your own marketing or public relations firm
- Become a virtual manager
- Manage social media platforms from clients
- Create an app
What are your favorite side hustle ideas? Share them in the comments below!
Looking for more posts on side hustles?
- How to Make a Side Business Out of Selling Art
- 5 Business Trends You Should Know About for 2019
- You Just Got a Mystery Shopping Job Offer – Now What?