The best Presidents Day deals on computers and office supplies are well worth taking a little bit of time off sometime this weekend to shop like everyone else.
Although running your own business makes three-day weekends seem like a luxury you can’t afford, the best things to shop for this weekend are goodies you can write off on your taxes.
Upgrade Your Technology
Presidents Day weekend is one of the best times to buy a new laptop — or any other type of electronic device that will help you promote your business. Here are some of the highlights:
- Amazon‘s sale includes a deals page that refreshes daily and has limited quantities of deep discounts — some as high as 85% if you act fast — on computers and related accessories. Goodies include deals on power banks and charging accessories from RAVpower and Anker; plus 10% to 15% off select Dell and HP desktops and laptops.
- Best Buy has sales on laptops, desktop computers, monitors, external drives, storage and other types of electronic devices; brands with markdowns include Acer, AOC, Apple, Asus, Dell, Lenovo, HP, and Sandisk.
- Technology is one of many categories with 20% off on eBay when you use the promotional code PRES20, through the end of the day Tuesday.
- Sears is offering 65% off Lenovo laptops (ThinkPads), 65% off Apple iPads, 50% off refurbished Apple laptops, 30% off Dell laptops and 20% off HP monitors.
- WalMart also has sales on laptops, tablets, monitors, mobile phones — and a wide array of appliances.
However, you’ll find even better prices across the board by going directly to many of the aforementioned brands’ websites.
For instance, Dell is offering up to 40% off, while HP is offering up to 55% off, plus free shipping. And Lenovo‘s website boasts that this year’s Presidents Day Sale is the biggest one yet, with some items slashed up to 40% off.
Some of the furniture sales during Presidents Day weekend include things that will make your home office all about business.
- Ashley HomeStore is offering up to 45% off plus localized discounts on home office items — key in your zip code to get the price for your area, and then use the promotional code PRESDAY10 to get the maximum savings when you check out.
- Bed Bath & Beyond is offering 20% off on some home office items, with free shipping on purchases over $29
- JC Penney is giving 25% toff desks, chairs, bookcases and room dividers on purchases of $99 and under, and get 30% plus free shipping off when you spend $100 or more — the offer is valid through the end of the day on Monday, and you have to use the promotional code 2DEALS to claim the full discounts.
- Overstock has deals on desks and office chairs, with markdowns of up to 50% throughout the weekend.
- West Elm has savings of 20% on home office items, when you use the promotional code HAPPYCART at checkout.
- World Market has markdowns of up to 30% on home office furniture through Tuesday.
Don’t dismiss professional attire as something that more traditional businesspeople wear — you make a much stronger impression upon prospective investors and clients when you suit up. A lot of the sales on clothing during Presidents Day weekend includes exactly the kind of attire you’ll want to wear when you pitch venture capitalists.
- Lord & Taylor is offering 35% off women’s suits and 20% of men’s suits when you key in the promotional code PRESIDENT at checkout.
- Macy’s has suits at 20% off when you use the promotional code PRES at checkout.
- Nordstrom also has business suits for men and women marked 25% to 60% off.
Best Presidents Day Deals on Computers and Office Supplies
Remember that a lot of the aforementioned deals may have limited availability, where a retailer only sells a small quantity of the item at the deep discount and then moves the price up after a certain amount has sold.
With that in mind, make your shopping count this weekend by only buying things you actually need and when they’re at the best price. Try to avoid making impulse purchases of things that aren’t marked down.
On the other hand, your business needs may include tax writeoffs; find a middle ground and make a wish list before you look at any of the sales.
What’s on your business’ wish list for Presidents Day weekend, fellow entrepreneurs?
Get Your FREE Ebook Now!
Get "Nifty Ways to Make More Money" from The Frugalpreneur straight to your inbox by signing up below.